Sunday 7 November 2021

Commander Quesadilla


The other dish I tried at the Pedlar Market was Quesadillas that were stuffed with Avocado and Wensleydale Cheese. As part of my recent cooking spree to create new recipes I made some Quesadillas of my own. Here's how. 

The sound of more Genesis in the form of their flawlessly played 1973 offering "Live" permeated the air as I began the preparation process. The first step was to make the Tortilla Wrapping and I took 150 grams of Gluten Free Self Raising Flour and placed them in a bowl. After that I gradually stirred in two tablespoons of cold water and two of Olive Oil. 

Depending upon the type of flour you use, plain flour is just as good, you may have to add more or less water or Olive Oil than I've mentioned above. The trick is to get a flexible dough that can be rolled out without sticking to the rolling pin. 

When though dough was pliable enough, I kneaded it and then dusted it with a little more flour before rolling it out into a fairly thin, flat circle. Next I cut the circle into equal pieces and fried each piece for one minute on each side in Sunflower Oil. 

After the pieces had cooled a little, I stuffed them with fried Tomatoes, fresh Basil and some Charcoal Cheese pieces I'd acquired from Stretton Hall Farm Shop | Facebook 

The challenge with using Gluten Free Flour is to make dough or pastry that's springy and pliable. The dough here was fairly flexible but gave the food the appearance of Paninis but the taste was in every way that of a Quesadilla. 


No comments: