Sunday 17 September 2017

Beetroot and root vegetable risotto

The day after my Birthday was August the 10th. It was a Hot August Day and the dog and I disappeared off into the White Peak for the majority of the day on a twelve mile walk to revisit places from my childhood and spot new things.

On my return home I had to tackle the fact that tomorrow was a working day so it was important to cook something that was suitably fortifying to see me through to the weekend without any difficulty. I decided to try a Beetroot Risotto recipe that was a variation upon the one that I wrote about in a previous post on this blog entitled "Beety McBeety Face,"

The ingredients for this recipe were:

Three Beetroot topped, tailed, peeled and then Cubed.
A Leek topped ,tailed and sliced finely.
Two Carrots, peeled, topped, tailed and sliced width-ways.
A clove of Garlic slice finely.
Two Sprigs of Marjoram from my back garden.
Five Sprigs of Rosemary from my back garden.
A teaspoon of White Pepper.
A teaspoon of Ground Ginger.
Two tablespoons of Port
Eight Ounces of Risotto Rice.
Half a Pint of Water.
Five ounces of Wensley Dale Cheese.

I started off by putting some Olive Oil into the bottom of my Le Cresceut and frying on a medium heat the Beetroot Cubes, Sliced Leek, Carrots, Garlic, Marjoram, Rosemary, White Pepper, Ground Ginger and Port for thirty minutes. I stirred these ingredients regularly to ensure they did not stick to the bottom of the dish.

I then added the Risotto Rice which I stirred into the dish for ten minutes. Next I added the water and simmered the dish for twenty minutes until most of the water absorbed.

To finish I added five ounces of Wensley Dale, stirred it in until it had just melted and then served the Risotto.

This risotto proved to be rich one, partly due to the addition of the Port, but not as rich as the one featured in "Beety McBeety Face" as it lacked that risotto's Goat's Cheese. However it was still a filling and healthy meal thanks to the Beetroot and the other fresh vegetables.

Tickled Pink- a glowing pre-work risotto. 

No comments: