Sunday 26 February 2017

Grilling on the Peaches

Part two of my Saturday Dinner for my guests needed to be a little lighter as although the Mock Duck Stir Fry contained a lot of fresh ingredients it was quite heavy in its own way. That said we needed something lighter for our pudding.

Keeping with the exotic theme of the mains I had picked up some out of season Peaches at the local supermarket. I prepared them with difficulty by halving them and de-stoning them; this took plenty of brute force and a very sharp knife.

Next I mixed together in a jug the juice of one Lime, a tablespoon of Cinnamon and a tablespoon of Madagascan Vanilla and left the mixture to one  side.

I then grilled the Peaches on a medium heat for eight minutes turning them occasionally. After that I took the Peaches off the grill and served them topped with the Lime, Cinnamon and Madagascan Vanilla.

They proved a light and quite tasty snack for us with the Vanilla taking the rough edge off the Lime as we sat in the conservatory watching the rain roll in off the hills.

Walking on the Peaches- freshly grilled and topped with the sauce.

No comments: